Watery soup

I made a harissa carrot soup w vegetable broth and water. It lacks depth that chicken stock usually gives it - is there anyway I can fix it now? I have to keep it vegetarian.

asked by Inko 2 months ago

MMH
MMH

If you dont have to serve it right away, let it sit overnight and see what you think tomorrow.

Also you can doctor it with a few aromatics and some fat, e.g. onion, garlic, bay leaf, olive oil. Also taste for and adjust (add more) salt, if needed. Last, you can brighten it with a tablespoon or so of acid (ctirus juice, good vinegar).
As it's harissa, I would NOT add pepper in any form (ground black, fresh or dried chili). All you'll get is more heat, not more flavor.

Inko

Thanks for the suggestions. I just added salt, lemon juice and a few TBS of tahini. That seemed to help some.