ginger has tiniest bit of mold...

I was making carrot soup. Everything was cooking in the pot when I stirred some minced ginger into the saute of carrots and onions. After it simmered for a while I went to put the remaining ginger back in the fridge. I noticed a tiny bit of mold on one end. Is it prudent to discard the entire soup?

asked by Stephanie G 5 months ago

No. If you didn't notice any mold on what you used in your (lovely) soup, you're fine. Trim off what you did see, and save the rest. A hint: changer can be frozen whole and grated with the skin on right into what you're making.

Stephanie G

Thank you!
It's so nice to see you back! I've missed your contributions.
I will definitely keep some in the freezer from now on...seems I don't use it quickly and it's gets forgotten.

You are so kind! Enjoy that ginger.