🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Absurdly Addictive Asparagus

E53e7186 df51 47c0 bcbd c99159ac4a24  2013 1107 absurdly addictive asparagus 021

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Absurdly Addictive Asparagus" from kaykay. It says:

"Add 1 tablespoon of butter to pan. Add asparagus pieces and leek and sauté until asparagus is tender crisp, about 3-4 minutes."

Can the asaparagus be steamed the day before, refrigerated & reserved until this stage?

asked by Neophyte over 6 years ago

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

There is no reason why you couldn't add steamed asparagus from the day before to this recipe. But I'd only do it if I happened to have leftover steamed asparagus that I wanted to use up. Sautéing the asparagus with the leek would give you a richer flavor.

1d0fed8d 4f81 4fd5 afec 388c791a2057  047

You could add steamed asparagus, but you wouldn't want to cook it as long, for it might get overcooked. As Greenstuff mentioned, this would be a great way to use up extra asparagus, but I would not steam it in advance with the intention on saving time, because it really doesn't take that long to saute in the pan, and the crunch factor is an important element to this dish.

44930b79 40d2 4ded a6fb ec14690b5421  fb avatar

You could clean the asparagus and blanche it very quickly then it would be ready to throw in at the last minute and not overcook.

Ef95c725 86b6 46ed b1ac 90ba0c9c9141  img 0035