I sous vide suckling pig but then after that no matter what methods I tried the skin never crisp up it just went black and still soft. help please!!

I deboned a suckling pig and stuffed it with pork neck and glued them together with meat glue, then sous vide.
However after that I tried deep fried, oven, blown torch.. nothing makes skin crispy it just turn black but still soft and chewy.

Help me out please.

PS. Sorry for my English, English is not my first language.

• Posted by: zolku
  • July 20, 2018
  • 1 Comment

1 Comment

Kristian Niemi
Kristian Niemi July 20, 2018

I'd suggest not doing it sous vide, and instead simply roast it. I've done both and find brining and roasting to be a better method with less hassle. 275F until you reach an internal temp of 160, then crank the heat to 500F for about 20-30 minutes, or until skin reaches desired crispiness.

IF you insist on cooking it sous vide, you'll need to roast it on a spit for quite a while to allow the skin to dry and crisp. When you sous vide, you release a LOT of collagen and it coats the skin, making it difficult to brown and crisp.

Keep it up! You'll get it!