Instant Pot smells like dirty dishwater

Help! Everything I make in my new Instant Pot smells like dirty dishwater to me. I clean it thoroughly with soap and water, and I will try the vinegar and baking soda solution to really get it clean. Beyond having a clean Instant Pot, am I using the wrong recipes? Why does everything have the same odor? I think it has to do with the fact that nothing gets to evaporate and condense/intensify flavors. Am I alone in this?

asked by Meatballs&Milkshakes 17 days ago

ktr
ktr

I personally have never had this issue. The pot should not retain smells, but the seal can so you may want to either replace your seal or try washing it really well.

Lori Terwilliger

Have you checked, emptied and cleaned the condensation collector on the side? If it isn't emptied of the water collected from the lid, the stagnant water would generate a smell, and possibly mold. Otherwise, like the other answer, the solution might be to replace the silicone seal ring. If you cook something with strong aromatics, like garlic, sometimes it will hold on to the odor. I use two seals, one for savory cooking, and one for desserts, so as not to have the trouble.