🔕 🔔

Getting stubborn odors out of pots

I have a nice lovely pot that I use for making stock. I would love to use it for making jam as I have come perilously close to disastrous *hot* spillovers in my regular 4q pan. But my stockpot shows its main use; it smells like chicken stock! I've cleaned it realy well but i don't know how to get the smell out. I assume I could try good ol' baking soda, or vinegar, but was wondering what you guys think!

asked by sarabclever over 6 years ago

What's your pan made of? Is it definitely the inside of the pan that's retaining the smell? Could it be the handle or something that perhaps might be harbouring the odour? You could try boiling up some water with some lemon (squeeze out the juice and put in the fruit that's left as well) in it - the acid will cleanse, and the lemon scent should help, and the boiling water should help clean too.... I'd let it boil for 5 mins and see if it does the trick. If not, it's not been arduous scrubbing!

I have used denture cleaning tablets with some success for cleaning/deodorizing pots.

7b500f1f 3219 4d49 8161 e2fc340b2798  flower bee

Make a jug of lemonade. Puree the peels into a paste in a blender and rub the paste all over the inside of the pan. Let it sit for an hour or so and rinse.

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

So sorry for the spam, everyone! We're working hard to resolve this.