My wife left a package of boneless, skinless, package of chicken out in the sink. Temp of bird is 67F. Safe to cook?

More than 12 hrs in sink. Room temp is 68F. Bird was a consistent 67F. I put it in the freezer to flash freeze. I rinse and take the fat off before cooking, It is for Thai Basil Chicken. Please advise....Thank you.

asked by John Boyd 3 months ago

I'm thinking you already know the answer...

I wouldn't.

In a word, no. In two words, absolutely not.

tia
tia

Food service training from years ago specifies that food should not be in the "danger zone" between 40 and I think 140 degrees F for more than 4 hours (goodness, it has changed, per the USDA: https://www.fsis.usda.gov...). I doubt the guidelines have changed much. You probably won't die if you cook it and eat it. You might not even get sick. But is it really worth the risk?