A question about a recipe: French Toast with Miso Sugar and Umeboshi Plum Compote

465ba427 933d 4219 8c90 6cd129ed96dc  mg 1117

I have a question about the recipe "French Toast with Miso Sugar and Umeboshi Plum Compote" from Sophia R. How much sugar should be used for the compote? And should it be plain sugar?

asked by Jennifer 3 months ago

Start with a teaspoon or two of sugar (based on similar recipes, and the volume of regular plums in this recipe). Cook, taste & add more if you want.
The headnote sees the miso sugar as a replacement for regular, so you could use that.
Or, if you want to ease into use the miso flavor, use regular in the compote and miso sugar for dusting the finished dish just before presentation.