A question about a recipe: Speculoos Lemon Tart

Fcd44915 2db9 4e63 b32f eac2e83c5531  curdtart

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Speculoos Lemon Tart" from MrsWheelbarrow. It says:

"Stir the melted butter into the crushed speculoos. Press the crumb crust into a tart pan with removable bottom. Refrigerate for one hour."

What size tart pan? And does it have to be a rectangle? Thanks.

asked by DAVILCHICK over 7 years ago

Midge

From her photo in the recipe, I'm guessing it's a 14"x 4.5" tart pan. I'd defer to MrsWheelbarrow on the shape question..

MrsWheelbarrow
MrsWheelbarrow

Cathy is a food preserving expert and author of Mrs. Wheelbarrow's Practical Pantry: Recipes and Techniques for Year-Round Preserving.

I have made this in a rectangular pan (14.5x4.5) and also in a 9" round tart pan. I'm fond of the rectangular one only because I have a very cool white rectangular serving dish.