🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Homemade Yogurt

B829044b ed52 4310 9e1b a8b276b52ca3  homemade yogurt

I have a question about the recipe "Homemade Yogurt" from merrill.

I made my first batch and the top three quarters of the jars are great. Smooth with a nice flavor. The problem is the bottom of the jar is kind of grainy and "unsmooth." Any suggestions? I used the microwave method and a thermometer to make sure I got it hot enough and cool enough before I added the culture. I also used a 6 ounce container of chobani plain yogurt and 2% organic milk.

asked by Kim at Something New For Dinner over 6 years ago

67544da8 1862 4539 8ec8 2d9dfc2601bb  dsc 0122.nef 1

its probably the particles of greek yogurt settled in the bottom.

I once contacted Chatham Yogurt when their yogurt was grainy. They said it was the extreme heat of the summer. You probably mimiced that same level of humidity and heat at home. So, it's good to eat, just not a wonderful texture.

09e4578b 801e 4725 8aa5 a9dd88e8c2a6  kss