can I turn a quick bread recipe into muffins? any modifications necessary to do so?

asked by Stephanie G over 7 years ago

healthierkitchen

I do it from time to time. You have to reduce the cooking time. Depending on the recipe, I find it's a little more than half the time - for example if the bread requires 55 - 60 minutes cooking time, the muffins need about 35 minutes. I just check them alot after the half way point.

beyondcelery

healthierkitchen is right about the cooking time. Depending on your muffin tin, it may be closer to 15-20min. A darker tin will cook faster. My silicone tin seems to like muffins at about 25min.

DeirdreMS

Righto. just check for time, all else remains the same in the recipe. Timing depends on so many factors - size of tins, paper cups, amount you fill the cups