A question about a recipe: Ricotta Spoonable

8d3c9c30 609f 4ab3 9dc2 2784fc9bb5fd  ricotta spoonable c ellen silverman

I have a question about the recipe "Ricotta Spoonable" from Dorie Greenspan. Recipe list is missing ingredient described in narrative

asked by Hanna about 1 month ago

added about 1 month ago

When you see a mangled recipe (not just here at Food52), the first thing to do is to check if the author has posted it elsewhere on the Internet. You can click on the author's name and often their profile will have a URL for their own personal site/blog.

In this case, the recipe is not on the author's blog.

Plan B is to enlist the help of an Internet search engine. In this case typing in "Dorie Greenspan ricotta" gave me some results, the top one being the recipe posted at TheKitchn.com:

https://www.thekitchn.com...

The missing ingredient is:

2 scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced

Unfortunately today's online writers do an incredibly poor job at copyediting, so readers are frequently left scratching their heads -- not just about food recipes -- but on many instructional articles pertaining to all sorts of topics.

Anyhow best of luck.