I have a whole frozen Turkey, that has been in my deep freezer since Jan/18 is it still going to be good??

It is uncooked…

asked by jeffff 15 days ago

Katie Macdonald
Katie Macdonald

Assistant Editor at Food52

Hey Jeff! Raw, frozen turkeys can be safely stored in the freezer for up to a year, so you should be ok! Just make sure to defrost it in the refrigerator (kept at 40°F), allowing 1 day of thawing in the refrigerator for every 4 pounds.

Emma Laperruque
Emma Laperruque

Food Writer & Recipe Developer at Food52

Hey there! According to https://www.foodsafety.gov/keep/charts/storagetimes.html, a whole turkey is good in the freezer for up to 1 year. So it should be fine!