Whole turkey and breast

I have 17 lb whole turkey and 8 lb breast. Can I cook both at same time and temp?

asked by JEANNE almost 3 years ago

You can! Whichever method you're using, the breast will just be done more quickly. Did you have a preferred method in mind? Here's our guide to times and temperatures: https://food52.com/blog...

Leslie Stephens
Leslie Stephens

Assistant Editor, Food52

I agree with Kristen—It's fine to cook both at the same temperature, but I always find that turkey white meat cooks faster and gets dry. I'm not positive, but I think it's because white meat has very little fat, so it takes less time and can dry out easier but since dark meat is more muscle and fat, it should cook for longer. So just put them both in and check in on the white meat earlier than the whole turkey so that it reads an internal temperature of 160°F.