A question about a recipe: Sourdough Stuffing with Kale, Dates, and Sausage

B0d06f41 e9ca 458d a7e1 0906c4bdc1ca  2016 0823 electrolux mark weinberg 243

I have a question about the recipe "Sourdough Stuffing with Kale, Dates, and Sausage" from Ali Slagle. Is there any chance this recipe could survive without the sausage? What could I add instead?

asked by L about 1 month ago

added about 1 month ago

Not sure what you're looking for, but the head-note encourages experimentation.
If it's to be a prominent dish in a small meal and you need the protein content of the turkey sausage, consider a vegetarian sausage or another meat sausage.
If it's part of a large spread at Thanksgiving, you could just omit the sausage.
If part of big dinner, but you just want some volume and texture to replace the sausage, think of using sun-dried tomatoes or dried apricot halves, each of which would add a sweet but probably compatible flavor to the stuffing.