A question about a recipe: Double Crust Veggie Pot Pie

Fa44100d 5363 4fbf 9c1a 26eb14bf9d5f  image1

I have a question about the recipe "Double Crust Veggie Pot Pie" from Shaina. Hiw can rhis be made ahead? Will the dough get soggy if left uncooked in fridge the night before?

asked by thefoodimade 25 days ago

The dough would be fine in the refrigerator unfilled, and the filling could be made in advance; I'd bring it (the filling) to room temp before filling the pie. You could roll out the bottom crust in advance, but it's easy to damage that way by bumping it.

Two more ideas:
Prepare and bake about 80% of time the night before, hold in fridge, warm & finish baking the night you serve.
Prepare and leave all uncooked overnight in the fridge - just omit the bottom crust and make it a deep dish pie with a single top crust. Bake completely the night you intend to serve.