A question about a recipe: Pumpkin Cream Pie

B647bb47 996d 4377 9441 23de7db65d04  2018 1102 pumpkin cream pie 3x2 julia gartland 391

I have a question about the recipe "Pumpkin Cream Pie" from Emma Laperruque. Can you substitute the sour whipped cream for regular whipped cream?

asked by Natalie 19 days ago

Emma Laperruque
Emma Laperruque

Food Writer & Recipe Developer at Food52

Hi Natalie! Yes, for sure.

Anna

I think that would be fine. I will say though, that the tartness of the sour cream- whipped cream provides a nice balance to the pumpkin portion of the pie. And I don't even really like sour cream under normal circumstances.

Victoria Latka

Yes, whichever whipped cream you prefer. I made regular whipped cream but with very little powdered sugar