How would I scale up cooking time for a rolled up turkey?

It's a foodnetwork recipe for Tuscan Turkey Roulade. I debone the creature, smear it with a seasoning paste and roll it up like a jelly roll. It bakes at 375 seam side up for an hr, then flips and bakes 50-60 min more. Internal temp should be 155. Original recipe is for a 12-14lb bird while mine is 16lbs. I just need the updated cook time for planning purposes, I intend to confirm doneness with a thermometer. Thank you so much!

• Posted by: Kat
  • November 21, 2018

1 Comment

Eric Kim
Eric Kim November 21, 2018

Ambitious! I know exactly which recipe you're talking about. :) Sounds like it's just a matter of checking the internal temp, then adding 10 extra minutes at a time, accordingly. The thing with a roulade is that it's not so much about the weight of the meat as it is about the thickness—so frankly, I'd cook according to the recipe, and after 50-60 minutes, check the temp, and move forward from there, keeping in mind that it will continue cooking once out of the oven. Hope that helps?

Kat
Kat November 23, 2018

It ended up taking roughly 2.5 hrs total. Thank you!