I made the winning Salted Pumpkin Caramels from this week's contest, and it appears nearly all of my pumpkin seeds have risen to the top of the caramel. I imagine I just got too excited an poured the caramel in too quickly...but since I'm sure many people have made it - I wanted to see if any one had any suggestions (they still taste delicious and I'm sure to make them again)!

melissav
melissav October 28, 2010

See the comments to the recipe. Someone else had the same problem and there was a bit of brainstroming in the comments as to why it happened (poured too fast, didn't heat the carmel up to a high enough temp, etc.).

RavensFeast
RavensFeast October 28, 2010

That said, the Food52 image of the recipe has risen pumpkin seeds and it still looks divine! I'm going to have to try this one.

Merrill Stubbs October 28, 2010

The pumpkin seeds floated to the top of one of our batches, and not the other. Not sure why, but it sure didn't make a difference to the taste!