A question about a recipe: The Nordic Baking Book's Kladdkaka (Swedish Gooey Chocolate Cake)

F911c5be eb0d 4240 908f c1ecc85469b1  2018 1012 swedish gooey chocolate cake 3x2 rocky luten 016

I have a question about the recipe "The Nordic Baking Book's Kladdkaka (Swedish Gooey Chocolate Cake)" from Ella Quittner. What is weak soft wheat flour? What would I look for in the grocery store?

asked by Myo Quinn 14 days ago

Flour with a low gluten content- you want cake flour (it will be labeled as such- usually comes in a box) for this.

Ella Quittner

I'd echo what Smaug wrote—it's cake flour or pastry flour. With that said, all-purpose works for this recipe as well if you already have it on hand. (You'll have a slightly less light, tender crumb, but it'll still be delicious.)

You can also make an imitation by substituting 3/4c.=2 Tb. all purpose flour and 2 Tb. cornstarch per cup of cake flour. The cornstarch is gluten free.

Sorry, that's 3/4c. +2 Tb. all purpose flour.