A question about a recipe: Scotch Egged Turkey Meat Balls

09eb6dd6 5dcc 454e b2d6 b25360b4daf7  scotch egg made with ground chickern

I have a question about the recipe "Scotch Egged Turkey Meat Balls" from micki barzilay. How many kilos of meat can be used for a tray of 30 eggs

asked by Melvis 10 days ago

BakerBren

Melvis, It looks like there are 5 eggs required per single recipe quantity, so you'll be making 6X the original recipe to use up 30 eggs (notice not all are hard boiled). 6x0.75lb=4.5lb Converting to kg, that's 2kg of meat.

BakerBren -
I have a slightly different calc.
Recipe calls for 4 hard-cooked eggs (1 of the 5 mentioned is for the prep of the meatballs, in flour, egg wash etc).
So 30 egg servings requires 7.5x recipe of 12 oz (336g) meat, thus 2.5 kg.
FYI

BakerBren

Nancy, that 7.5x would be correct if Melvis is trying to use up 30 hard boiled eggs and has extra eggs to include in the meatball prep part. If there are only 30 eggs to work with in the given tray, then some will be hard boiled, and some will be added to the meat mixture (24 and 6 respectively). That's how I arrived at the 6x multiplier. Thanks for your vigilance!

BakerBren...
I see - both answers are right.
It depends on whether Melvis question means starting with 30 total eggs or being able to serve 30 h-c eggs.
Thanks for clarifying.