A question about a recipe: Chicken that Fancies Itself Spanish with Lemons, Onions & Olives

8b6d7d55 ac03 4179 8a92 aabd4a8b45e8  021511f 267

Can I brown the chicken, put it in the prepared sauce in the morning and then cook it at 300 degrees for two hours before I serve it for dinner?

asked by Jenn2323 over 7 years ago

I think it would be better to hold the chicken and sauce separately in the refrigerator and then put it all together before cooking it. Also, 2 hours seems like a lot, even at a lower temperature. I think I would take everything out of the refrigerator about an hour before serving, let it come to room temperature (about 1/2 hour), and then put it together and bake it at 425 for 30 minutes as directed in the recipe.