Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Chicken that Fancies Itself Spanish with Lemons, Onions & Olives

8b6d7d55 ac03 4179 8a92 aabd4a8b45e8  021511f 267

Can I brown the chicken, put it in the prepared sauce in the morning and then cook it at 300 degrees for two hours before I serve it for dinner?

asked by Jenn2323 almost 6 years ago
E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I think it would be better to hold the chicken and sauce separately in the refrigerator and then put it all together before cooking it. Also, 2 hours seems like a lot, even at a lower temperature. I think I would take everything out of the refrigerator about an hour before serving, let it come to room temperature (about 1/2 hour), and then put it together and bake it at 425 for 30 minutes as directed in the recipe.

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.