A question about a recipe: Ovenly's Secretly Vegan Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have a question about the recipe "Ovenly's Secretly Vegan Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies" from Genius Recipes. Is it possible to do a swap for gluten free flour on these? Would you do a one for one on the weight with an available AP GF flour? Any suggestions?

• Posted by: WLR
  • December 17, 2018

1 Comment

Meghan
Meghan December 17, 2018

If you sub GF flour you would be removing gluten obviously, but that's the only real "binder" in the recipe so the cookies could be crumbly. I would say a 1:1 swap with your preferred GF flour (I like Bob's cup 1:1 flour personally) AND instead of water listed, use the vegan egg substitute of your choice for 1 egg i.e. aquafaba, flax eggs, or pumpkin/banana/sweet potato, though the last option would change the flavor a bit.

WLR
WLR December 17, 2018

Thanks, as these are naturally vegan I’m not worried about the egg, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the GF side of it since the oil absorption is key to these cookies and most GF flour absorbs moisture differently...