Cooked a raspberry danish with cream and ricotta cheese. Does it need refrigeration. Can I ship it in the mail and it be safe to ear 5 days later

Nancy December 19, 2018

Yes refrigerate.
No, not a good candidate for shipping and arriving good to eat in 5 days.
If you want to ship homemade goodies, consider items with less moisture and little or no dairy (maybe a cake wit a little bit of butter in the batter).

Johanne Grizzle
Johanne Grizzle December 19, 2018

Thanks

Johanne Grizzle
Johanne Grizzle December 19, 2018

How about if it arrives in 3 days and I refrigerate it beforehand and it’s going by mail to the north, so should be cold weather all the way?

Nancy December 19, 2018

You know, I thought of that. When I buy chocolates for shipping, especially in the summer, the company I use does it in 2 days (maybe also refrigerated, I forget).
Maybe freeze your Danishes before shipping, to give them another margin of time.

BerryBaby December 19, 2018

Yes, any pastry with cheese filling needs to be refrigerated. Sturdy cookies like sugar or shortbread ship well and don't require refrigerating.
Season's Greetings! BB🎄

Smaug December 19, 2018

Safety aside, Danish should be eaten very fresh; it loses it's charm rapidly.