Ramen Broth Help

I was wondering if you could use store bought bone broth for ramen

• Posted by: Kai
  • January 11, 2019

HalfPint January 11, 2019

I haven't tried any of the store bought bone broth, but you figure it should be ok. Probably not as complex and rich as the homemade or restaurant made ramen broth, but it would probably work in a pinch. It's really going to depend on the quality of that bone broth.

Sam corber
Sam corber January 11, 2019

Depending on the style of ramen broth you are trying to create, gelatin might be a key component. If the bone broth doesn't gel, it might not turn out the way you expect.

PieceOfLayerCake January 13, 2019

I've seen people use chicken stock that they've enhanced with pork belly, scallion, ginger, garlic, sake, mushrooms and soy sauce. I can imagine a fully store-bought broth would work, but I would suggest at least adding some enhancements like soy sauce, sake, ginger and dried mushrooms...straight store bough broth has a tendency to taste too flat for a stand-alone soup broth.