A question about a recipe: Raspberry Almond Petits Fours

I have a question about the recipe "Raspberry Almond Petits Fours" from St-Amand Cassidy. I am very excited to make my first petit fours using this recipe! However, I see that the recipe calls for 4 eggs but I do not see eggs used in the instructions. I assume they are beaten with the creamed butter/sugar before dry ingred. are added between steps 5 and 6? But I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for a delicious recipe!

• 1 Comment
Ac213e9c f76e 458d a805 a7cf923b9ed7  image dsc1425 180dpi
Recipe question for: Raspberry Almond Petits Fours

1 Comment

Lori Terwilliger
Lori Terwilliger January 25, 2019

Yes, the eggs would be beaten in with the butter and sugar. Add them in one at a time, and continue beating until it is pale and smooth. You want the sugar to dissolve so that there isn't any graininess. The butter will mean your whites won't beat up like a meringue, instead it will form a thick, almost batter like consistency when it is beaten enough. It will tend to fall from the beaters in a thick ribbon, which is a cue that it's beaten enough. Also take a judicious approach to the amount of almond flavoring you add. If yours is strong, it may not take the amount it calls for. Since it will be covered with almond paste as well, the flavor can overtake and overpower your fruit.