Plating dilemma

Im plating a chicken dish for my exam and I'd like to use the swirl effect using a brush to coat the bottom of the plate. However I don't have a turn table, so how do I create a seamless and beautiful look, without the turn table

7f380fa9 f33f 4776 bc3b 3d0a3457d519  screenshot 2019 02 05 19 17 17

BakerBren
BakerBren February 5, 2019

I suppose you could improvise a turntable somehow... If you can bring one in to the exam, I've found them before at thrift stores. Also, microwaves usually have a little ring of removable wheels under their plates that you could pull out and use then replace when finished. It's not perfect, but would work. Those are my first few ideas.

Nancy February 5, 2019

Just wondering, what other plating ideas did you have, that might be easier to execute and/or control to your satisfaction?....

boulangere February 5, 2019

You might try a Zen circle, which is done freehand and can be much less precise. I do this often with melted chocolate to decorate dessert plates. No turntable required.

https://www.modernzen.org/enso/