butter chicken dish without chicken

Looking to use the sauce (makhani) normally used for butter chicken to make a non-meat dish. Have you made a variation vegetables, fish, or dairy?

asked 23 days ago

Lost_in_NYC

I have made/eaten a variation of all of these and they are delicious!

Chickpeas + Makhani sauce = Chole Masala
pan fry cauliflower + makhani sauce = Cauliflower masala
Pan fry baby potatoes + makhani sauce = Dum Aloo
Basmati rice + temper cumin seeds with carrots/french beans/onions/corn (to make an indian veggie pilaf) + pour makhani sauce over it = makes for a very yummy rice dish!

Thank you so much!
These all sound lovely...glad to hear they taste good.
Will probably make the cauliflower and potato ones first, the others later on.

Valhalla

It is also soooooooooooooo great with paneer!

Thank you for reminding me of paneer...just looking around for recipes and see it's one of the top 5 dishes ordered in India!

Lost_in_NYC

@Nancy - when you pan fry the cauliflower/potatoes or cook the chickpeas first, season with the normal indian spices to compliment the makhani sauce -
cumin seeds, some tumeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder,

@Lost in NYC @Valhalla...workjng my way through the ideas. Made Dum Aloovthis weekend...delicious! Onward...