🔕 🔔

Charlie trotter recipe??

I'm looking for a recipe for Szechuan orange crisps that I think are in a Charlie trotter cookbook...Cannot remember how long to crisp and at what temp...none of his books are on the shelf at my local store...and my collection seems to have disappeared..??

asked by Wiltpantry1 over 6 years ago

9ac3a641 8957 4d8a b05c d028947d4131  stonecutting 32

Well, it's not a Charlie Trotter recipe, per se, but here are a couple of orange crisp recipes that I found: http://www.eatingwell.com...
and
http://www.home-recipes...

Thanks for the links littleknitter. What I am looking for are paper thin slices of orange that are blanched in Szechuan infused simple syrup and then crisped on a silpat until completely dry in a low oven...the result is delicious and perfectly crisp...a nice garnish or used as a "base" for a canape instead of bread...

Check out Trotter cooking with Child. Episode of scallops and peach soup. Shows how to crisp apples, and other fruit.