🔕 🔔

: Q: Should I season my cast iron grill pan/griddle (it's 2 sided) like a cast iron skillet?

asked by @emilycbrennan over 6 years ago

9ac3a641 8957 4d8a b05c d028947d4131  stonecutting 32

I'd say yes - at the very least, it can't hurt :-) I always season cast iron cooking equipment. It will likely make it a lot easier to cook and griddle on it.

80cc9648 9cfe 4049 92f3 f6fef0f3a439  fb avatar

is this a lodge double sided pan/griddle and (dumb question) is it the pre-seasoned variety they sell?

If not, then yes you should season. the same way you would a pan.

I season my cast iron by cooking bacon in it so that probably won't work for your grill. But you could use a canola oil spray on both sides and then place it over a hot flame. That should help retard rusting.