🔕 🔔

hi there way can u do wiv kidneys part from the obvious steak and kidney pie?

asked by @ken_foresters over 5 years ago

Certainly! You can dredge them in seasoned flour (shakke off the excess) and saute them in butter. The outsides get crisp and the inside stays nice and soft. They're delicious. Deglaze that pan with a little fino sherry and drizzle the sauce over.

0337e045 7f1c 48a8 8aaa 65ec9ac96b5d  jeani photo 160 size from blog delightfulrepast

There's always the classic English breakfast dish devilled kidneys, cooked in a tangy sauce of Worcestershire sauce, English dry mustard, butter, cayenne, salt and black pepper.

You can also use them in stuffing (or "dressing" as my eastern European family calls it). My fam sautees pieces of kidney (and other innards, like liver) with onion, celery, and garlic and mixes this with pieces of stale white bread and water, then bakes it. You could also add bacon and something sweet, like apple or fennel, carrots, etc, too.