can I freeze left over steak?

gothamgal

If the steak is cooked the answer is no. If the steak is raw and has not been frozen before, yet.

Unless your name is Marie Callendar a cooked steak that's been frozen will likely taste like a rewarmed Firestone tire.

When I grill steaks, I'll make up a couple of extras. Cooked very hot just to sear the outside and get some charcoal taste. Then put in a foodsaver bag and freeze...then vac pack and seal.
I use these for the first night on camping trips. They defrost on way up the campsite..and then simmer them a few mins to finish cooking.
Think of it as a reserve sous-vide.
It works well..kinda trickey to keep from over cooking the steak; but I go for med-rare.
You still get the charcoal taste but I don't have to build a fire the first night. Also good for mid-week quick meal when I don't want to fire up a grill and watch it.

As for fully cooked leaf over steak...probably not..but yes, you could but I'd chop it up after defrosting and use it for something else; like a topping for raman style noodles in bowl.