A question about a recipe: Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart

Ecaac223 4c57 4926 aa7b 97be6d54d8d2  food52 12 18 12 1328

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart " from dymnyno. It says:

"Put all ingredients (except tart shell) into a blender and whirl like crazy!"

Is the butter melted? Softened? Refrigerator hard?

asked by forestvillain over 7 years ago

foongfest

I've used it refrigerator hard as well as softened. To me, it's not a big deal either way since it melts in the tart during baking.

macollins

A variation of this was written up on Smitten Kitchen too. She specifically says "The butter doesn’t need to be softened or melted." If you want to see a version of the recipe with a bit more of a description to the steps, it's at http://smittenkitchen.com...

dymnyno

Well, it sounds like Smitten Kitchen should have read my recipe ! I just throw all the ingredients into a blender. I do cut up the lemon and the butter just to make it easier and faster to blend. I always use Meyer lemons because they are sweet. I tried using a Eureka lemon and it was a little bitter for my taste. (ps: I am a big fan of SK and read her blog sometimes) I did miss her take on a tart like mine.