reheating turkey breast slices

I’d like to cook my turkey breasts on Wednesday, chill and slice them and then reheat them on Thanksgiving. Is there a good way to reheat the sliced Turkey?

• Posted by: Linda
  • November 24, 2019

PHIL November 25, 2019
I would slice and reheat in a stovetop pan in gravy or at least broth. It should not take long. The meat doesn't need to be hot , just warmed through. The gravy should be hot when you serve

Gammy November 24, 2019
You could also reheat on low in gravy until hot. I don't know how important making sure the temperature is 165 degrees again, as the breast meat has already been cooked (and if you had sliced down for sandwiches, you wouldn't bring it back to 165 anyway). You especially don't want the meat to get dry and tough, which it could if you recook it for too long.

Lisa F. November 24, 2019
Here is one way you could reread turkey:

Use a Shallow Skillet
Place carved turkey pieces in a shallow skillet. If you want to reheat bone-in meat and boneless breast meat, separate the bone-in and boneless pieces into separate skillets.
Pour broth over the turkey pieces until the turkey is laying in a bath of about a 1/2 inch of liquid. Turn the stove burners to medium to high heat.
Cover the pan tightly with a lid and heat the turkey until it's warmed through. If the pan doesn't have a lid, cover it tightly with aluminum foil or a Five Two Airtight Silicone Lid. Test it by inserting a meat thermometer, making sure the internal temperature of the thickest portion of turkey is at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit