Am making a slow-cooker Southwest Pulled Beef Brisket recipe, and cannot find a brisket anywhere. Is there another cut that I could use? Chuck roast maybe?

asked by JennaC about 8 years ago

Yes, chuck would work (though maybe a little drier). Short ribs would be another option (I've used them to make slow-cooker beef tacos, and they end up much like pulled pork).

phyllis

I agree with Amanda, I would use short ribs. Did you ask the butcher at your supermarket if there was brisket? I live in the NYC area so it's always available. I don't know about other parts of the country.