My Dansk Dutch oven has a chipped surface

My new beautiful, Dansk Dutch oven has a chip in the enamel lining, and minor crazing, Is this still safe for cooking? Reply please, I need to make soup❤️❤️Ann Farber

Ann Elaine Farber

nursekween May 3, 2021
I'm on my 2nd Dansk dutch oven that chipped yesterday on the interior cooking surface while cooking something making sure to use wooden spoons as to not scratch or chip the surface. I unfortunately have to throw out what I was cooking because I don't want eat a chard of enamel AND throw away a 2nd dutch oven. Really disappointed as well. Dansk offers a discount on a new one but you lose the discount with having to pay for the shipping. Really beautiful cookware but really horrible quality. I hope with Food52 acquiring Dansk there will be some kind of quality improvement.

Erin A. March 23, 2020
Hi there! I'm so sorry to hear that! Unfortunately it looks like the advice from most cookware companies is that it should be replaced, but there are some message boards (you can find them here: https://www.thekitchn.com/chipped-enamel-need-to-replace-86730) that say you could treat the nick like cast-iron and rub it with oil to prevent it from rusting. You may also want to look into the company's warranty information to see if this is covered. I hope that helps!

Tina K. April 20, 2021
I ordered one from you and I just did a search for their warranty information and this popped up. I hope someone stands behind this product because it is obvious a defect in the workmanship. It is an expensive pot to only get a short amount of use from. I will research the warranty information but since you sold you, should you stand behind it? I am not happy with the quality of this product.

CATHERINE L. May 18, 2021
Two of my Dansk enamel-lined pots have chipped. The first one (bought from Food 52) chipped after my son accidentally burned rice in it and tried to scrape it out with a metal spoon. I figured that was our bad. But my second one (bought from the Dansk website) just chipped too. This time I was very careful to not let anything burn and to only use a wooden spoon. It’s a shame. They are pretty pots, but useless and dangerous if they don’t stand up to even minor use.