🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Chocolate Pudding

370a78a5 6aa0 4875 ab8d 290f7d500671  040511f 213

I have a question about the recipe "Chocolate Pudding" from amanda.

I'd like to make it tonight and I'd like to try and use up some of the UNsweetened chocolate I have way too much of. Anyone have an educated guess as to how much more sugar I should add?

And yes, I asked a similar question a few months ago but I don't think I got a specific answer... just general ones that led to lots of math. And while I'm all for math and problem-solving, it's been a LONG week and just want the answer handed to me on a chocolate pudding platter.

While Peter no longer works for Food52 he still thinks up ways to make the website better.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Per the cook's thesaurus 1 oz semi-sweet chocolate = 1 oz unsweetened plus 1 T sugar. So with the sugar in the recipe that equals 5/8ths cup plus 1 tsp. sugar. (Or 1/2 cup plus 2 T plus 1 t.) I think you could get away with anywhere between 1/2 cup and the full 5/8ths plus 1 teaspoon depending on how sweet you like your chocolate pudding. Let us know how it turns out!