Rivka, do you store these in the fridge? Do they keep there for a few days?

32265f24 b35f 4fea 90b6 f5c8e4fd56c3  050410f 592

I have a question about step 4 on the recipe "Rhubarb Curd Shortbread" from Rivka. It says:

"Use an offset spatula to spread curd evenly over shortbread. If you haven’t eaten half the bowl right then and there, you should have enough curd to make a layer about the thickness of the shortbread; I didn’t. Bake another 10 minutes, then remove from oven and cool on rack. Refrigerate about 20 minutes, and you’ll find that they’ve firmed up enough to slice cleanly. Cut into 16 equal bars. Dust with powdered sugar before serving; do your best not to polish them all off in one sitting."

asked by portlandbaker over 7 years ago

Portlandbaker, we did store ours in the fridge (the ones we didn't scarf down on day 1, that is).

uws80

Kristen, can you say how they were after their time in the fridge (how long)? Thanks.

Hi there -- sorry for the delay. Ours kept for about 4 days in the fridge -- it's important to keep it tightly covered so the curd doesn't dry out. Did you try making (and storing) them yet?

portlandbaker

Not yet but the farmers market is brimming with rhubarb so I should get on it.