🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Mashed Potatoes with Caramelized Onions and Goat Cheese

C35f2a3c e2f1 4a46 a024 060b478a695a  2015 1022 mashed potatoes with caramelized onions and goat cheese 026 james ransom

I have a question about the recipe "Mashed Potatoes with Caramelized Onions and Goat Cheese" from Sonali. Is there anyway to make these ahead of time and then reheat them?

asked by PattersonCooks over 6 years ago

Ae98fa7a bef9 4fc6 8588 e3c99ceeb847  image

You can definitely make mashed potatoes ahead of time and keep them warm over a simmering pot of water. If you're talking a day or so then I would reheat them the same way.

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Yes, I've done it, actually! I reheated the potatoes in a sauce pan on the stovetop, stirring frequently and adding milk and butter to keep them from being too dry. I rewarmed the caramelized onions separately in a saute pan with a little butter. It worked out just fine!