What is a nice sauce to pair with artichokes?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 7 years ago

Lemony, garlicky mayo (a.k.a. aioli).

sarah k.

Amen to the mayo. When I was a kid, my mom would make little bowls for each person, one with homemade mayo, one with melted butter mixed with lemon juice. I would alternate the sauces, bite after bite, and I thought it was the best thing in the world, just super simple like that.

francesca gilberti
francesca gilberti

Francesca is the former Assistant Editor of food52 and believes you can make anything out of farro.

There are a bunch of recipes for artichokes with sauces on the new Whole Foods cooking site for the Rockville store...check it out! rockville.wholefoodsmarketcooking.com

CookOnTheFly

Funny, I just picked up a recipe for Artichoke-Scrambled Eggs Benedict at my YMCA today. I think this topping for artichokes sounds yummy and healthy:

2 TBSP reduced-fat mayo
2 TBSP non-fat plain yogurt
2 TSP lemon juice
1 TSP water

I'd probably add a little oregano, dill or tarragon to the above for an extra kick.

Helen's All Night Diner

I make artichokes all the time. Here is my favorite way. When they're pan roasted like this, you don't need to bother with a sauce: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

duclosbe1

I like my artichokes with a lemon butter dipping sauce. It's so good!

davidpdx

Homemade mayo is great, but For simple but flavorful sauce, thin out prepared mayo (Hellman's Light works well) with lemon juice. Use as-is, or flavor to taste with cumin or good curry powder.

Waldito

I like to slice them, pour a little olive oil in a pan, add a tablespoon or two of water, and let them cook through. I toast coriander seeds and then mortar & pestle them, chop fresh mint, and add to the pan. Sometimes I add another glug of really good-quality olive oil, and a pinch of sea salt & black pepper.

Melusine

A decadent bagna cauda.

CarlaCooks

Garlic butter! The easist way is to melt butter and add garlic salt to taste. A tangy mayo is also quite nice, with plenty of vinegar and lemon in the mayo.