A question about a recipe: Artichoke Dip (Which You Could Make into Tapenade by Adding Capers)

78cae79d 77b5 41f0 aa35 3fa740db975f  2018 0529 no cook artichoke dip 3x2 james ransom 169

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Artichoke Dip (Which You Could Make into Tapenade by Adding Capers)" from drbabs. It says:

"Place: artichoke hearts, garlic, Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, lemon and zest, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, 1 dash each of paprika and cayenne in the work bowl of a food processor and process till the artichokes are chopped very small and everything is more or less blended together."

I LIVE ON ARTICHOKE HEARTS. WE BUY THE COSTCO SIZE JARS. SURELY YOU DON'T MEAN ONE OF THOSE SIZE JARS. WHAT SIZE JAR ARTICHOKE HEARTS DO YOU USE FOR THIS RECIPE?

asked by DAVILCHICK over 7 years ago

LOL! I live on artichokes, too! I don't know what you mean by the Costco-sized jars. I'd say start with 6-8 hearts and go from there. It's a very forgiving recipe. I hope you enjoy it.

DAVILCHICK

LOL, I eat 6-8 artichoke hearts EVERY NIGHT!!!! And just fyi, a costco size jar of artichoke hearts is net weight: 68 oz. :)

Oh, I just went back to the recipe and read the comments, and saw that I used a 12 ounce jar of artichoke hearts from Trader Joe's when I made this. So about 1/4 of your Costco jar would work.

DAVILCHICK

PERFECT! Thanks Dr. Babs! I'm making it this weekend for two parties. :)

That's so great! You might want to scale it up for two parties!

DAVILCHICK

EGG-ZACTLY! I love to cook but I'm also VERY lazy. :)

Me, too. You'll like how easy this is.