Recommendations for an electric hand mixer (something less expensive than the lovely Viking model the Foodpicklers of the Week just won)? I've had a 5-speed Cuisinart for years and always hated it. There is no low speed -- on setting 1 the thing whirs like a tornado and splatters what it's mixing everywhere!

asked by AEC about 8 years ago

TiggyBee

I have a Kitchenaid that I love. 9 speeds and not overly heavy. Not too sure of price though, I've had it a while. Maybe $65.00 or so.

Yes, I have a 9 speed KitchenAid as well. I'll choose their stuff over Cuisinart any day.

Midge

I have the same turbo Cuisinart, which I never use for just that reason.