🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Southern Pulled Pork Buns (Bao)

64475092 8e91 4acb b89a 7c4cdb5ffb50  char siu bao2

I want to makes these, but want to use a smaller amount of pork, about 2-2.5lbs. How much time should I let this pork cook for?

asked by modz9636 over 6 years ago

Hi modz9636--I think you can probably cook it for about 2 hours and check to see how far it's progressed, based on how easily the meat flakes and gives to your fork...I've found that irregardless of how much meat you're actually cooking, the slow-cook time actually makes a big difference in terms of getting that pulled pork texture just right. (I tend to make more when I'm making these buns because I've never suffered for excess of leftovers, but you can obviously cut down to as much as you like!)

Hope this helps!

Thank you!