🔕 🔔

Healthier Ice Cream Recipe

What are your favorite healthy ice cream recipes? I'm looking for something that would cut the fat out of my typical ice cream starter, so we can have homemade ice cream and still feel relatively healthy in this heat.

asked by Meatballs&Milkshakes about 6 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

If you're looking to cut out fat, why not just make sorbet? Here are a bunch of recipes:

Also, I've been known to dump regular milk and flavorings into my ice cream maker when i've been in desperate need of ice cream. I take it out when it's slushy. it doesn't keep very well, but it does satify the craving.

44c642cc cf48 4b09 a9dd b702e7cec19c  catfish

I like 1c greek-style plain yogurt, 1/4c half & half, 1/4 fruit preserves, into a tiny ice cream maker, comes out soft serve and fruity in 15 minutes. You can add a spoon of sugar and/or vanilla.

33f00148 b116 47f0 8789 76ae3bdb2bbb  photo 1

Thanks for the answers! I think I might try the blueberry ice cream on here (http://www.food52.com/recipes...) and reduce the egg yolks and heavy cream, maybe add some greek yogurt?

Years ago a friend shared this yummy recipe. In a blender, mix 1 lb frozen fruit (I like to freeze my own fresh fruit to use), 1 cup of soy milk (I use vanilla soy), 1/4 cup honey or agave nectar (I tend to use a little less since I use fresh, in season fruit), 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract. Blend until you get the desired consistency. It's easy and delicious!

D6706402 eb96 499d a671 b2e90db25df9  bike2

Gelato uses more milk than cream; look at Waverly's raspberry kirsch gelato.