A question about a recipe: Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad with Red Onion, Lemon and Pecorino

A88da22f ab78 40b0 838a 206b18a005c7  5155770942 82132135ce z

I have a question about the recipe "Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad with Red Onion, Lemon and Pecorino" from merrill. Can I use my cuisinart to shred them?

asked by judybrune over 7 years ago

You could in a pinch, although I prefer not to -- they end up finely chopped rather than shaved.

sarah k.

I was afraid to use my cheap mandolin to shred the brussels sprouts, so I sliced off the bottom, peeled the top two or so leaves, slice then in half the skinny way (they're always a little flatter along one axis), and then just sliced as thinly as possible. I found that having a flat side to lay them down made it so easy and quick, without the fear of them leaping out of my hands, and my fingers going under the knife instead.