🔕 🔔

I have about 1/2 Kilo of cooked brown shrimp. There are delicious on their own (shells and all), but any ideas of a meal?

asked by technosmash over 6 years ago

Buy another half kilo of pork. Grind the two together and use as filling for asian style steamd dumplings. You'll probably need about a half kilo of wonton wrappers too.

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

Louisiana BBQ shrimp? Not really BBQ in the TEXAS sense of the word, but baked, shells on, in butter and garlic, Worcestershire, lemon, tobasco, pepper - it's one of those recipes that has as many versions as there are cooks making it ... it's messy and delicious and you need bread to sop up all of the buttery goodness in the pan .... Google is and you will find a multitude of versions

Being that they are already cooked all I can say is that what ever you add them to be carefull not to cook them more than they are. Try to think of something that they can be added to for the last ingredient and something that will gently warm them like a liquid or a sauce. Also, I like pierino's idea and gave me thought of making a mousse.

B0f2c3df 9bf7 43fc 8544 eb75ba85a60e  kay at lake

Shrimp and grits! Make the sauce and just barely warm the shrimp in it, instead of poaching them. My favorite is butter, flour, onion, garlic, white wine, hot sauce, and cream, with whatever other seasonings strike my fancy when I'm cooking.