Any good Israeli couscus salad recipes? I want to serve it chilled. thanks.

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 7 years ago

This recipe (pictured above) is delicious: http://bit.ly/gIx5Hi It's served warm, but without the seared scallops and creme fraiche drizzle it would be good chilled too.

Basically anything you would put in a pasta salad (with a lemon or vinegar-based dressing, not mayo) would work well: raisins or currants, toasted nuts, olives, sundried tomatoes, fresh herbs, roasted veggies like fennel or asparagus, you name it! I'd just recommend toasting the dry Israeli couscous in butter or oil to bring out the color and nutty flavor before boiling it.

a Whole Foods Market Customer

Here is a great recipe:
combine cooked couscous with diced dried apricot, sundried tomatoes, and dried figs.
add some chopped parsley and scallion as well.
dress with:
3 Tbs. olive oil
1 Tbs. white wine vinegar
1 Tbs. lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp coriander seed ground
nice and light with huge flavor from the coriander seed.

I've made it chilled with a dressing of olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and chopped feta cheese as a base:
With some additional options.
a) Oregano, Lightly cooked carrots with dill and capers.
b) Oregano, Cucumber diced seeded, Chopped tomatoes, flat leaf parsley chopped and a touch of Greek yogurt in the dressing.
(with flat bread)

Kayb

Mixed grains and dried fruit salad -- about a cup each of cooked couscous, barley, wild rice, quinoa, whatever other grains/small pastas you have lying around, drained spread out to let dry out a bit....add dried cherries, currants, chopped figs and/or dates, raisins, pineapple, or whatever trips your trigger....toss with a honey balsamic dressing and lots of chopped fresh herbs. It's a great picnic salad.

spuntino

Oh man, my poor college years salad is to die for-
israeli cous cous, chickpeas, sliced green onion, crushed walnuts, dried cranberries (you can decide on proprotions)

dressed with:
olive oil, soy sauce, curry powder, chopped garlic, a squirt of agave nectar