A question about a recipe: Roasted Carrot Soup

F2893f74 fe80 4029 bb57 cb55619bf044  2013 0807 roasted carrot soup james ransom 021 v2

Roasted Carrot Soup by Reeve: does it get better on day 2? Want to make it ahead of time.

asked by JulieBoulangerie over 7 years ago

Maybe a little better, but it's pretty great both days.

a Whole Foods Market Customer

Also, it's good practice to check the seasonings on day 2. Soups have an uncanny ability to absorb seasonings. Often it will need a tiny pinch of salt, or maybe a squeeze of lemon to brighten the flavor.

dymnyno

I think that vegetable soups also taste good the second day. I don't know about "better" because they don't develop flavors the way that meat does by absorbing seasonings . Probably need to whisk the soup together a bit if it is a puree since sometimes the carrots/whatever separate a little from the liquid.