A question about a recipe: Lamb Merguez

2f64c767 594a 4a64 9ef0 2ff46aaf88cf  2018 0111 lamb merguez 3x2 julia gartland 2226 1

I have a question about step 3 on the recipe "Lamb Merguez" from MrsWheelbarrow. It says:

"Form a little patty and cook it off, taste and adjust the seasoning as you see fit. "

what do you mean by" cook it off"

asked by carol jennings over 7 years ago

MrsWheelbarrow
MrsWheelbarrow

Cathy is a food preserving expert and author of Mrs. Wheelbarrow's Practical Pantry: Recipes and Techniques for Year-Round Preserving.

Hi Carol, Cook it off - fry the pattie in a little saute pan just to taste the seasoning and texture. For more detailed instructions, check out the Charcutepalooza post on grinding sausages (http://www.food52.com/blog...)