🔕 🔔

Is cooking fun?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 6 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Yes! It's also relaxing, creative, healthy, sustainable -- and cheaper and tastier than any alternative.

I find it lots of fun. Sort of like science experiments, I like to see how things turn out. And I love to present awesome goodies to friends. I'm making 2 ricotta cheesecakes to take with strawberry sauce to a party tomorrow. I'm very popular at a potluck.

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Yes, The major thing to remember is that you will make some spectacular mistakes, don't give up, learn from them and go on. Perfect two or three main dishes that you feel comfortable to serve to friends. Then branch out..making more complex things. Good Luck!

Yes. So is eating. And as Sam1148 says, please don't be deterred by mistakes. We all make them. Life goes on. But cooking is definitely restorative, it is life-affirming, it is sharing and generous, it is pleasurable.

766e7ce3 8394 4788 8337 bbd8a8d3a07e  5.15.11 coconut macaroons best sm

Oh yes! It's my main form of entertainment. Plus, if you're known for always having something delicious around, it's much easier to get your friends to come over. Good homemade food also makes great bribes. I got my (really nice) wooden bed frame from craigslist because I told the seller that if they held it for me I'd bring him an entire batch of cookies!

67544da8 1862 4539 8ec8 2d9dfc2601bb  dsc 0122.nef 1

Is this a trick question? its the best way to maintain friendships & make new ones!

Sure it is, if you like burning and scarring your hands forever. More fun than a barrel of wet clowns in a coin-op laundry dryer....before the elephants arrive.

@pierino

If you don't poke air holes in the barrels, they aren't very fun at all.